Wellington Botanical Society Bulletin No. 54
Wellington Botanical Society Bulletin No. 54 was distrubted to members in November 2012. Additional copies are available for purchase for $20 for non-members in NZ, Australia and the Pacific, $US15 elsewhere. Payments to the Tresasurer, Wellington Botanical Society, Box 10 412, Wellington 6143, New Zealand.
Bulletin No. 54 was edited by Leon Perrie, proof-read by Jill Goodwin, and formatted by Jeremy Rolfe. It contains the following articles:
• Editorial. Leon Perrie.
• A selection of Cyathea
sori. Jeremy Rolfe.
• The use of binomial Latin-based names in botany. Margaret A Harper.
• Uses of some common native species – a beginner’s guide to ethnobotany. Eleanor Burton.
• The Mana Land and Sea BioBlitz from a diatomist’s view-point. Margaret A Harper and John F Harper.
• Mana Island Bryophytes at the February 2011 BioBlitz. Rodney Lewington and Peter Beveridge.
• Beach morning glory (Ipomoea pes-caprae
) in beach drift on Ripiro Beach, Omamari Stream mouth, Northland. Peter J de Lange.
• Restoring Makara Foreshore Reserve – an update. Barbara Mitcalfe and Chris Horne.
• Propagation of New Zealand native plants. Jill Broome.
• More nikau in Wellington City. Chris Horne and Barbara Mitcalfe.
• Nikau within Wellington City – new observations 2012. Jonathan Anderson.
• Vegetation in Owhiro Stream catchment, Wellington South Coast: condition and prospects. Paul Blaschke.
Back-issues of Wellington Botanical Society Bulletins
Expand your collection of our “flagship” publication and boost BotSoc’s bank balance! The following back issues are available:
- 1950s: no.23, 9/50; no.30, 12/58.
- 1960s: no.32, 12/61; no.33, 2/66; no.34, 11/67; no.36, 12/69.
- Index to Bulletins Nos. 1-35.
- 1970s: no.37, 11/71; no.38, 9/74; no.39, 10/76; no.40, 8/78.
- 1980s: no.41, 9/81; no.42, 9/85; no.43,4/87; no.44, 11/88.
- 1990s: no.46, 12/94; no.47, 9/96.
- 2000s: no.48, 9/02; no.49, 12/05.
Cost $4 per issue, incl. p&p; $12 for any five issues incl. p&p.
Copies of more recent Bulletin
, no.50 3/07, 52, 53, are $11 each incl. p&p, to members and other individuals, and $21 each incl. p&p, to organisations, posted within NZ.
Contact Chris Horne to confirm availability jchorne (at) paradise.net.nz
, phone 04 475 7025.
Please make your cheque payable to Wellington Botanical Society, PO Box 10 412, Wellington 6143. Thank you!
Rodney Lewington, Treasurer